Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Purple Sweater

I finished up my "Downton Sweater," which I knit like a fiend while watching all 3 seasons of Downton Abbey over the past month!  It is for The Middle Child, and both of us could not be more thrilled with the finished product!


(shown here on a lovely quilt made by Alison, that I was lucky enough to win!) 

Loved the pattern, by Cotton and Cloud, and was so entranced by this yarn (really, that IS the word) that I had to order a bunch more to make a sweater for myself.  It is the PERFECT color of purple, in all its variations.


The sweet braided cable along the shoulders is what sold me on this pattern.  Buttons were selected by my daughter from my stash.


And this is my first time knitting a hood!  Cute, and she loves it, but what a yarn and time sucker!



I think the only thing more adorable than this sweater is the little girl wearing it :)


All the details on my Ravelry page here.

13 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

Beautiful--the sweater AND your girl! :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Double adorable x

Carla said...

You did a beautiful job of it.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous sweater! Too bad I don't know how to knit cause I'd love one in my size! :)

Tiara said...

She is getting so grown up and what a lovely knit

Katie B said...

She's looking really grown up in her fab sweater, Kristie! Excellent work.

Sew Nomadic said...

Omg this is so cute. I want one! You did an amazing job. And you are right it is the perfect shade of purple. Bravo!

Little Blue Mouse said...

That's lovely, and such a gorgeous colour!

Shay said...

I remember when you first showed this yarn. The finished product is absolutely gorgeous. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. Excellent fit too :)

Sarah said...

The jumper is gorgeous! How clever are you to be such a talented knitter?! Not many women I know around my age (I'm guessing I'm similar to you) learned how to knit. I can only do pearl and knit, and I'd never attempt a jumper!

Kelsey said...

So glad Downton kept you focused on one project ;) Knitting and watching Downton sounds like heaven. Season 4 can't come soon enough!

Lynne said...

She looks very happy with it indeed and it is a lovely sweater in a gorgeous colour.