Friday, February 11, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful

Note: If you have a minute today, pop on over to the Love Nest Quilt Contest and vote for your favorite bed sized quilt. There are some stunners! I have entered Big G's hockey quilt ;)

The Good:



My friend Suzy (you know, the one with the twins?) gave me this awesome tote for my bday. I love how it has OCD on it, but that it refers to my other OCD problem.......

The Bad:


Our roof is leaking. Again. We have had it fixed 3 times. Looks like we are going to have to rip off this beautiful cedar ceiling and the fun that brings to fix the problem. Ugh.....


The Beautiful:


Back in October, I won a giveaway from Craftiness is Not Optional from The Modern Marigold and opted for a gorgeous rainbow dress for my daughter. Well, Amanda basically found out she had to move 5 minutes later, and got really busy so it took a bit of time for her to get it to me. So she sent me a BONUS present...you know, for being slow with my FREE stuff???? Seriously! How sweet is she? She sent me a beautiful DIY vintage linen bunting set. I love it!!! Finally whipped it up. What a perfect way to brighten up a long winter! Aren't those vintage fabrics yummy?

And here is where it will live, in my craft room above where I sew. I'm not even going to pretend to clean it up for you...fabric piles, clutter- this is how I roll ;)

Want one, too? She has a couple listed in her shop here and here. Thanks again, Amanda!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

randi said...

the roof--not fun! i hope your fix is fairly simple!

also, i just found the modern marigold's store recently and i just love it. so pretty!